Regardless of your shape or size, physical activity has been shown to add years to your life, and life to your years. But believe it or not, the benefits of physical activity are not restricted to exercise performed in the gym. In fact, one of the easiest ways to improve your health may be through increasing the amount of low intensity physical activity you perform throughout the day. For example, simply increasing the number of steps that you take each day is very likely to reduce your risk for diseases like diabetes and cardiovascular disease. It’s still uncertain if this light intensity physical activity can reduce body weight, but it is clear that individuals who engage in high amounts of light intensity physical activity are healthier than those who do not. Continue.
- It’s Never Too Late to Be Active – Just Ask Ida Keeling
- EPL Members, Gwenndolyn Porter & Sarah Roberts, Receive Awards at the Annual Meeting of the Society of Behavioral Medicine!
- Happy Birthday to Dr. McAuley!
- The EDDIE Award: Danielle Komsky
- Biking or Walking to Work May Improve Health in Middle-Aged Adults
- Dance Your Way to Better Health!
- EPL Alumna Recruiting for Breast Cancer Research in Chicago!
- EPL Alumnus Receives Faculty Excellence in Research Award
- Get Fit & Maintain Your Brain!
- Exercise May Help Manage Back Pain
Browse popular tags