Regardless of your shape or size, physical activity has been shown to add years to your life, and life to your years. But believe it or not, the benefits of physical activity are not restricted to exercise performed in the gym. In fact, one of the easiest ways to improve your health may be through increasing the amount of low intensity physical activity you perform throughout the day. For example, simply increasing the number of steps that you take each day is very likely to reduce your risk for diseases like diabetes and cardiovascular disease. It’s still uncertain if this light intensity physical activity can reduce body weight, but it is clear that individuals who engage in high amounts of light intensity physical activity are healthier than those who do not. Continue.
- Olympians Are Proving That Age Is Just a Number
- Ladies, Muscle Up for Aging Better
- Do You Sit All Day? One Hour’s Exercise Might Offset Your Sedentary Time
- Breast Cancer Survivors Who Exercise May Improve Memory
- Congratulations, Dr. Fanning!
- Cancer Prevention May Be More In Your Control Than You Think
- Timing of Physical Activity May Be Important When Learning Something New
- Worried About Your Brain? Yoga Can Help
- Reduce Your Risk of Diabetes and Obesity by Finding a Walkable Neighborhood Nearby
- Regular Exercise May Prevent 13 Different Types of Cancer
Browse popular tags