Regardless of your shape or size, physical activity has been shown to add years to your life, and life to your years. But believe it or not, the benefits of physical activity are not restricted to exercise performed in the gym. In fact, one of the easiest ways to improve your health may be through increasing the amount of low intensity physical activity you perform throughout the day. For example, simply increasing the number of steps that you take each day is very likely to reduce your risk for diseases like diabetes and cardiovascular disease. It’s still uncertain if this light intensity physical activity can reduce body weight, but it is clear that individuals who engage in high amounts of light intensity physical activity are healthier than those who do not. Continue.
- Congratulations to EPL Project Coordinator, Susan Houseworth, for receiving the Academic Professional Excellence Award from the College of Applied Health Sciences!!
- Want to Work on Your Child’s Math Skills? Try Adding Movement
- Move More & Be Happy
- Does Your Biological Age Match Your Chronological Age? Sitting May Age the Cells of Older Women
- Congrats to EPL Graduate Research Assistant, Elizabeth Awick, on Her Acceptance into the NCI Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program!
- Achieve That New Year’s Resolution of Getting Healthy by Walking More at Work
- Heading to the Doctor? You Might Want to Get Your Fitness Checked
- Physical Activity May Provide Boosts in Key Element of Mental Health
- Welcome Back to the EPL, Dr. Hu!
- These Marathon-Running Brothers Demonstrate That Age is Just a Number
Browse popular tags