Regardless of your shape or size, physical activity has been shown to add years to your life, and life to your years. But believe it or not, the benefits of physical activity are not restricted to exercise performed in the gym. In fact, one of the easiest ways to improve your health may be through increasing the amount of low intensity physical activity you perform throughout the day. For example, simply increasing the number of steps that you take each day is very likely to reduce your risk for diseases like diabetes and cardiovascular disease. It’s still uncertain if this light intensity physical activity can reduce body weight, but it is clear that individuals who engage in high amounts of light intensity physical activity are healthier than those who do not. Continue.
- Heading to the Doctor? You Might Want to Get Your Fitness Checked
- Physical Activity May Provide Boosts in Key Element of Mental Health
- Welcome Back to the EPL, Dr. Hu!
- These Marathon-Running Brothers Demonstrate That Age is Just a Number
- The EDDIE Award: Sigal Sasson
- Becoming an Adult Brings Lots of Challenges… Even Poor Exercise Habits from Teenage Years
- It’s Never Too Late To Get Active for Improved Mobility
- Calling All Fidgeters! Those Who Wiggle May Improve Their Health
- For Older Adults, Moderate Physical Activity May Slash Risk of Cardiac Event in Half
- Olympians Are Proving That Age Is Just a Number
Browse popular tags