Regardless of your shape or size, physical activity has been shown to add years to your life, and life to your years. But believe it or not, the benefits of physical activity are not restricted to exercise performed in the gym. In fact, one of the easiest ways to improve your health may be through increasing the amount of low intensity physical activity you perform throughout the day. For example, simply increasing the number of steps that you take each day is very likely to reduce your risk for diseases like diabetes and cardiovascular disease. It’s still uncertain if this light intensity physical activity can reduce body weight, but it is clear that individuals who engage in high amounts of light intensity physical activity are healthier than those who do not. Continue.
- The EDDIE Award: Sigal Sasson
- Becoming an Adult Brings Lots of Challenges… Even Poor Exercise Habits from Teenage Years
- It’s Never Too Late To Get Active for Improved Mobility
- Calling All Fidgeters! Those Who Wiggle May Improve Their Health
- For Older Adults, Moderate Physical Activity May Slash Risk of Cardiac Event in Half
- Olympians Are Proving That Age Is Just a Number
- Ladies, Muscle Up for Aging Better
- Do You Sit All Day? One Hour’s Exercise Might Offset Your Sedentary Time
- Breast Cancer Survivors Who Exercise May Improve Memory
- Congratulations, Dr. Fanning!
Browse popular tags