Little is known about the effect of physical education (PE) on child weight, but a new study from Cornell University finds that increasing the amount of time that elementary schoolchildren spent in gym class reduces the probability of obesity. The study represents some of the first evidence of a causal effect of PE on youth obesity, and is forthcoming in the Journal of Health Economics. Continue.
- Welcome Back, Neha!
- Congratulations, Dr. Awick!
- Happy Birthday, Dr. McAuley!
- Ehlers Accepts New Position
- EPL Alum Takes New Position
- The EDDIE Award: Caroline Walsh
- Congratulations to EPL Project Coordinator, Susan Houseworth, for receiving the Academic Professional Excellence Award from the College of Applied Health Sciences!!
- Want to Work on Your Child’s Math Skills? Try Adding Movement
- Move More & Be Happy
- Does Your Biological Age Match Your Chronological Age? Sitting May Age the Cells of Older Women
Browse popular tags