A team led by researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute has isolated a natural hormone from muscle cells that triggers some of the key health benefits of exercise. They say the protein, which serves as a chemical messenger, is a highly promising candidate for development as a novel treatment for diabetes, obesity and perhaps other disorders, including cancer.
- Olympians Are Proving That Age Is Just a Number
- Ladies, Muscle Up for Aging Better
- Do You Sit All Day? One Hour’s Exercise Might Offset Your Sedentary Time
- Breast Cancer Survivors Who Exercise May Improve Memory
- Congratulations, Dr. Fanning!
- Cancer Prevention May Be More In Your Control Than You Think
- Timing of Physical Activity May Be Important When Learning Something New
- Worried About Your Brain? Yoga Can Help
- Reduce Your Risk of Diabetes and Obesity by Finding a Walkable Neighborhood Nearby
- Regular Exercise May Prevent 13 Different Types of Cancer
Browse popular tags