A team led by researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute has isolated a natural hormone from muscle cells that triggers some of the key health benefits of exercise. They say the protein, which serves as a chemical messenger, is a highly promising candidate for development as a novel treatment for diabetes, obesity and perhaps other disorders, including cancer.
- It’s Never Too Late to Be Active – Just Ask Ida Keeling
- EPL Members, Gwenndolyn Porter & Sarah Roberts, Receive Awards at the Annual Meeting of the Society of Behavioral Medicine!
- Happy Birthday to Dr. McAuley!
- The EDDIE Award: Danielle Komsky
- Biking or Walking to Work May Improve Health in Middle-Aged Adults
- Dance Your Way to Better Health!
- EPL Alumna Recruiting for Breast Cancer Research in Chicago!
- EPL Alumnus Receives Faculty Excellence in Research Award
- Get Fit & Maintain Your Brain!
- Exercise May Help Manage Back Pain
Browse popular tags