A team led by researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute has isolated a natural hormone from muscle cells that triggers some of the key health benefits of exercise. They say the protein, which serves as a chemical messenger, is a highly promising candidate for development as a novel treatment for diabetes, obesity and perhaps other disorders, including cancer.
- Heading to the Doctor? You Might Want to Get Your Fitness Checked
- Physical Activity May Provide Boosts in Key Element of Mental Health
- Welcome Back to the EPL, Dr. Hu!
- These Marathon-Running Brothers Demonstrate That Age is Just a Number
- The EDDIE Award: Sigal Sasson
- Becoming an Adult Brings Lots of Challenges… Even Poor Exercise Habits from Teenage Years
- It’s Never Too Late To Get Active for Improved Mobility
- Calling All Fidgeters! Those Who Wiggle May Improve Their Health
- For Older Adults, Moderate Physical Activity May Slash Risk of Cardiac Event in Half
- Olympians Are Proving That Age Is Just a Number
Browse popular tags