Regardless of your shape or size, physical activity has been shown to add years to your life, and life to your years. But believe it or not, the benefits of physical activity are not restricted to exercise performed in the gym. In fact, one of the easiest ways to improve your health may be through increasing the amount of low intensity physical activity you perform throughout the day. For example, simply increasing the number of steps that you take each day is very likely to reduce your risk for diseases like diabetes and cardiovascular disease. It’s still uncertain if this light intensity physical activity can reduce body weight, but it is clear that individuals who engage in high amounts of light intensity physical activity are healthier than those who do not. Continue.
- Now, Even Older Adults Can Enjoy the Playground
- Asthma Symptoms May Be Alleviated with Increased Aerobic Exercise
- For Women, Sitting Time Linked to Higher Risk of Cancers
- Do Yourself a Favor and Go for a Walk
- It’s Never Too Late to Become Active – Just Ask 92-Year-Old Harriette Thompson!
- Preschoolers May Not Be Getting Enough Physical Activity
- Regular Exercise in Old Age May Extend Life Expectancy
- Celebrate Bike to Work Day Tomorrow, May 14th!
- When it Comes to Physical Activity, Something is Always Better than Nothing
- Celebrate ACRP Clinical Trials Day: May 20th, 2015
Browse popular tags