Regardless of your shape or size, physical activity has been shown to add years to your life, and life to your years. But believe it or not, the benefits of physical activity are not restricted to exercise performed in the gym. In fact, one of the easiest ways to improve your health may be through increasing the amount of low intensity physical activity you perform throughout the day. For example, simply increasing the number of steps that you take each day is very likely to reduce your risk for diseases like diabetes and cardiovascular disease. It’s still uncertain if this light intensity physical activity can reduce body weight, but it is clear that individuals who engage in high amounts of light intensity physical activity are healthier than those who do not. Continue.
- A Comparison of Tablet Computer and Paper-Based Questionnaires in Healthy Aging Research
- To Slow Down Parkinson’s Progression, Try Walking
- EPL Alumnus Named Dean
- Infographic: 60 Minutes or More a Day
- Mentally Drained? Take a Walk!
- 91-Year-Old Marathoner Breaks the Record and Smokes the Competition
- Two EPL Alumni Receive Academic Promotions
- Older Adults May Improve Future Health by Walking Now
- Welcome, Trisha Gibbons!
- Congratulations and Thank You to the Departing EPL Alumni
Browse popular tags