Regardless of your shape or size, physical activity has been shown to add years to your life, and life to your years. But believe it or not, the benefits of physical activity are not restricted to exercise performed in the gym. In fact, one of the easiest ways to improve your health may be through increasing the amount of low intensity physical activity you perform throughout the day. For example, simply increasing the number of steps that you take each day is very likely to reduce your risk for diseases like diabetes and cardiovascular disease. It’s still uncertain if this light intensity physical activity can reduce body weight, but it is clear that individuals who engage in high amounts of light intensity physical activity are healthier than those who do not. Continue.
- Congratulations Dr. McAuley!
- Obesity Rates Are Still Increasing Despite Slowing
- Congrats FlexToBa MS Team!
- Stuck At Your Desk All Day? These Exercises Can Help Maintain Your Health
- Recruiting Individuals with Multiple Sclerosis for Home-Based Exercise Program
- Take the Plunge to Help Support Special Olympics Illinois!
- Breast Cancer Fatigue May Be Alleviated By Yoga
- A Deeper Look into the Life of a 94-Year-Old Track Star
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Pranks Gym Members
- Improving Physical Education in IL May Lead to Better Achievement
Browse popular tags