Regardless of your shape or size, physical activity has been shown to add years to your life, and life to your years. But believe it or not, the benefits of physical activity are not restricted to exercise performed in the gym. In fact, one of the easiest ways to improve your health may be through increasing the amount of low intensity physical activity you perform throughout the day. For example, simply increasing the number of steps that you take each day is very likely to reduce your risk for diseases like diabetes and cardiovascular disease. It’s still uncertain if this light intensity physical activity can reduce body weight, but it is clear that individuals who engage in high amounts of light intensity physical activity are healthier than those who do not. Continue.
- EPL Member, Elizabeth Awick, Receives C*STAR Award!
- University of Illinois Researchers Examine the Relationship Between Physical Activity and Mental Flexibility in Older Adults
- Less Than One Month Until the Nutritional Sciences 5K!
- Researchers at the Beckman Institute Examine the Brain of Nonagenarian Athlete, Olga Kotelko
- Adolescent Girls Who Exercise Regularly May Lower Risk of Disease and Death Later in Life
- Sports and Physical Activity Are a Part of Everyday Life in Finland
- Now, Even Older Adults Can Enjoy the Playground
- Asthma Symptoms May Be Alleviated with Increased Aerobic Exercise
- For Women, Sitting Time Linked to Higher Risk of Cancers
- Do Yourself a Favor and Go for a Walk
Browse popular tags