Regardless of your shape or size, physical activity has been shown to add years to your life, and life to your years. But believe it or not, the benefits of physical activity are not restricted to exercise performed in the gym. In fact, one of the easiest ways to improve your health may be through increasing the amount of low intensity physical activity you perform throughout the day. For example, simply increasing the number of steps that you take each day is very likely to reduce your risk for diseases like diabetes and cardiovascular disease. It’s still uncertain if this light intensity physical activity can reduce body weight, but it is clear that individuals who engage in high amounts of light intensity physical activity are healthier than those who do not. Continue.
- Aerobic Activity May Help Older Women At Risk For Dementia
- Congratulations, Dr. Olson!
- Happy Birthday to Dr. McAuley!
- Cognitive Function In Children May Be Related To Weight Status
- For Brain Benefits Later in Life, Exercise Now
- Congrats ACCE Team!
- Increasing Physical Activity In Moms May Boost Activity In Children Too
- Walk While You Work To Increase Productivity
- Get Strong to Live Long
- The EDDIE Award: Roshan Devarakonda
Browse popular tags