Physical inactivity causes 1 in 10 deaths worldwide, according to a series of studies released in British medical journal The Lancet, putting it on par with the dangers of smoking and obesity. The results also suggest that public health officials treat this situation as a pandemic. Specifically, Harvard researchers say, inactivity caused an increase in deaths from coronary heart disease, type 2 diabetes, breast and colon cancers and caused more than 5.3 million deaths in 2008 worldwide. Continue.
- Congratulations, Dr. Wójcicki!
- Strength Training May Keep the Doctor Away
- Improving Recess May Lead to Overall Improvements in the Classroom
- Champaign Joins the Ranks of Bike-Friendly Communities
- Congratulations Graduates!
- Happy Summer from the EPL
- Bring Back Recess!
- EPL Alumna Receives Academic Promotion
- The EDDIE Award: Adam Acheson
- Annual Bike to Work Day – May 1st, 2013
Browse popular tags