Basketball is the passion for a group of women in Faribault, but it might not exactly be the game you know. On a snowy Monday night, the community center in Faribault was a flurry of activity. It’s where the women worked on their game. Sixty-five-year-old Cheryl Sterling says their game is called granny basketball. The game looks a bit like the six-on-six basketball Iowa high school girls teams played until the early 1990s. The rules are unique. Continue.
- It’s Never Too Late to Start Exercising
- U of I Ranked #7 Best College Town
- Follow U of I Professor’s Lead and Incorporate More Activity Into Your Work Day
- Want a Free Subway Ride in Moscow? Time for Squats!
- U of I Alum, Tatyana McFadden, Makes History With Her 4th Major Marathon Win
- Learn More about the Nation’s History of Fitness Programs
- Ceremony for The Chez Family Foundation Center for Wounded Veterans in Higher Education: Friday, Nov. 8th
- Now Recruiting for The FlexToBa for Multiple Sclerosis Trial!
- Make Muscles More Effective Through Music
- Champaign-Urbana, IL Ranked #6 City for Walking to Work
Browse popular tags