Basketball is the passion for a group of women in Faribault, but it might not exactly be the game you know. On a snowy Monday night, the community center in Faribault was a flurry of activity. It’s where the women worked on their game. Sixty-five-year-old Cheryl Sterling says their game is called granny basketball. The game looks a bit like the six-on-six basketball Iowa high school girls teams played until the early 1990s. The rules are unique. Continue.
- Fitness Levels May Impact Brain Health as We Age
- Some Motivational Tips for Exercising Through the Holiday Season
- Exercise After Breast Cancer Can Improve Health
- Light Resistance Training May Benefit Brain Health
- The EDDIE Award: Sam Botbol
- University of Illinois alum, Tatyana McFadden, won the Chicago Marathon. Again!
- EPL Member, Elizabeth Awick, Receives C*STAR Award!
- University of Illinois Researchers Examine the Relationship Between Physical Activity and Mental Flexibility in Older Adults
- Less Than One Month Until the Nutritional Sciences 5K!
- Researchers at the Beckman Institute Examine the Brain of Nonagenarian Athlete, Olga Kotelko
Browse popular tags