Basketball is the passion for a group of women in Faribault, but it might not exactly be the game you know. On a snowy Monday night, the community center in Faribault was a flurry of activity. It’s where the women worked on their game. Sixty-five-year-old Cheryl Sterling says their game is called granny basketball. The game looks a bit like the six-on-six basketball Iowa high school girls teams played until the early 1990s. The rules are unique. Continue.
- New Research Discusses the Optimal Dose of Exercise Needed for a Longer Life
- The EDDIE Award: Mariellen Veach
- Celebrate Brain Awareness Week: March 16th-22nd
- It’s Never Too Late to Get Active!
- What Happens When One Twin Exercises While the Other Remains Sedentary?
- A Little Activity Can Go a Long Way to Help Your Heart
- Effects of the BEAT Cancer Physical Activity Behavior Change Intervention on Physical Activity, Aerobic Fitness, and Quality of Life in Breast Cancer Survivors: A Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial
- Infographic: National Sleep Foundation New Sleep Recommendations
- Fight Parkinson’s with Exercise
- Physical Activity Levels and Patterns in Older Adults: The Influence of a DVD-Based Exercise Program
Browse popular tags