“No pain, no gain!” “You’ll never bulk up without supplements.” “Crunches are the key to six-pack abs!” It seems there are more questions and half-truths in the market about healthy exercise than there are clear, definitive facts—but the exercise industry is a multi-billion dollar business in the United States alone, built partially on selling gadgets and DVDs with incredible claims to people desperate to lose weight or look attractive. Meanwhile, good workout plans and simple truths lurk in the background waiting for their time to shine. All of this results in a ton of misinformation about exercise in general, and while the reality is different for everyone, we’re taking some of those commonly held exercise myths to task, and we have science to back us up. Let’s get started.
- Congratulations, Dr. Wójcicki!
- Strength Training May Keep the Doctor Away
- Improving Recess May Lead to Overall Improvements in the Classroom
- Champaign Joins the Ranks of Bike-Friendly Communities
- Congratulations Graduates!
- Happy Summer from the EPL
- Bring Back Recess!
- EPL Alumna Receives Academic Promotion
- The EDDIE Award: Adam Acheson
- Annual Bike to Work Day – May 1st, 2013
Browse popular tags