A team led by researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute has isolated a natural hormone from muscle cells that triggers some of the key health benefits of exercise. They say the protein, which serves as a chemical messenger, is a highly promising candidate for development as a novel treatment for diabetes, obesity and perhaps other disorders, including cancer.
- U of I’s McFadden Wins Boston Marathon
- Aerobic Activity May Help Older Women At Risk For Dementia
- Congratulations, Dr. Olson!
- Happy Birthday to Dr. McAuley!
- Cognitive Function In Children May Be Related To Weight Status
- For Brain Benefits Later in Life, Exercise Now
- Congrats ACCE Team!
- Increasing Physical Activity In Moms May Boost Activity In Children Too
- Walk While You Work To Increase Productivity
- Get Strong to Live Long
Browse popular tags