A team led by researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute has isolated a natural hormone from muscle cells that triggers some of the key health benefits of exercise. They say the protein, which serves as a chemical messenger, is a highly promising candidate for development as a novel treatment for diabetes, obesity and perhaps other disorders, including cancer.
- A Comparison of Tablet Computer and Paper-Based Questionnaires in Healthy Aging Research
- To Slow Down Parkinson’s Progression, Try Walking
- EPL Alumnus Named Dean
- Infographic: 60 Minutes or More a Day
- Mentally Drained? Take a Walk!
- 91-Year-Old Marathoner Breaks the Record and Smokes the Competition
- Two EPL Alumni Receive Academic Promotions
- Older Adults May Improve Future Health by Walking Now
- Welcome, Trisha Gibbons!
- Congratulations and Thank You to the Departing EPL Alumni
Browse popular tags